From LONG ISLAND – by Ann Parry (ann-parry.com)
February 23, 2016
On Super Bowl 50 Sunday, furball fans at Last Hope Animal Rescue in Wantagh enjoyed food, face painting, and cheering on the Last Hope Lions, their home team of kitties playing in the Hallmark Channel’s Kitten Bowl III.
- Click here for slideshow of Kitten Bowl III Open House at Last Hope
The Open House guests were thrilled when host Beth Stern, an animal activist and spokesperson for North Shore Animal League America, introduced tabby cat Alexander, the Mayor of Last Hope. Ms. Stern explained Alex is available for adoption and then kissed him, which he accepted like a purr-fect gentleman.
- Click here for more of Alexander and Kitten Bowl III party at Last Hope
Another exciting highlight was when Tiger – one of the tiny tabby players in Kitten Bowl III – visited the party with his new family, Charlie Brown and Melanie Benedetto. The now 7-month-old celebrity sported a fur-ociously cute harness with skull and crossbones, and after graciously allowing his fans to see him up close, jumped on top of a nearby tall cage.
- Click here for more of Tiger at Kitten Bowl III party at Last Hope
Though Kitten Bowl victory escaped the grasp of Last Hope Lions’ tiny paws, the cute catheletes feel like winners, since they and all 100+ kittens in the game have been adopted.
Adoptable (as of 2/23/16) cats & dogs in my Last Hope Open House gallery:
- ALEXANDER the Mayor of Last Hope
- WOODBURY the calm, sociable tabby
- HALLIE the affectionate white & orange beagle
- FORD the friendly gray pit mix
Official site of Last Hope Animal Rescue
Click to CONTACT ME
Interested in adopting a cat or dog on Long Island, or learning ways you can help ones without furr-ever homes? Visit: LastHopeAnimal Rescue.org