FromLongIsland.com is the ann parry photography blog
ABOUT Ann Parry:
For five generations of my family, Long Island’s been a wild mild-maritime constant. It’s my home base for photographically capturing: portraits • the arts • government & civic engagement • architecture • animals • classic cars • L.I.’s rich history in aviation.
- portrait photographer
- freelance assignment photographer for magazines & newspapers
- contract photographer for Zuma Press wire service
- photography site: Ann-Parry.com
- videos: vimeo.com/annparry
- fotofoto gallery: “6th International Phone-o-graphy Competition” 2020, The Shadow Knows, (Huntington, NY)
- The Art Guild: “Everything Old is New Again” 2020, The Three Graces, Elderfields Gallery (Manhasset, NY) 1st Place
- The Art Guild: “About Face: The Portrait” 2019, Buzz Aldrin, Elderfields Gallery (Manhasset, NY) 1st Place
- Jeanie Tengelsen Gallery: “60 Inches” Long Island Center of Photography members, Midsummer Night, 2018 (Dix Hills, NY)
- Salmagundi Club: SCNY Premier Spring Open Photography Exhibition 2018, LIIFE (Manhattan, NY)
- Huntington Arts Council: “Her Story Through Art” Invitational Show, celebrating Women’s History Month 2017 (Huntington, NY)
- The Art Guild of Port Washington: “I’m Ready for My Close Up” Juried Exhibition 2016, Fair Ophelia, Elderfields Gallery (Manhasset, NY)
- Long Island Museum: “Landscapes Wish You Were Here” Juried Art Show 2015, Reeds Blowing in Wind (Stony Brook, NY)
- Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ)
- Press Club of Long Island (PCLI)
- National Press Photographers Association (NPPA)
Big thanks to reporter Joe Giglio for his Newsday article on my careers – first teaching & then photography.
All Blog Content © 1999 – © 2021 Ann Parry, All Rights Reserved
Ann Parry, of Ann Parry Photography Inc., is the sole copyright owner of all blog post content on photoblog FROM LONG ISLAND – FromLongIsland.com, unless otherwise stated in writing.
Photos are WATERMARKED to help make it clear that USE OF IMAGES – in part or whole – IS NOT ALLOWED, without prior written consent of copyright holder Ann Parry.