From LONG ISLAND – by Ann Parry (ann-parry.com)
June 28, 2021
Great Pine Railway at Old Westbury Gardens
• VIDEO: (1:53) Old Westbury Gardens – 6/23/2021:
The opening reception for Old Westbury Gardens’ outdoor Great Pine Railway Exhibit was the first event Bob and I attended there since COVID-19 struck Long Island early 2020. The fun for the whole family exhibit of G scale model trains runs through September 6th.
• my PHOTO GALLERY | also, Click each photo below to see a related one
Old Westbury Gardens commissioned Leslie Salka Inc to create the Great Pine Railway display, including creative models of four Long Island Gold Coast landmarks:
• Eagle’s Nest at William K Vanderbilt’s estate, Centerport
• Hempstead House at Sands Point Preserve
• Westbury House at Old Westbury Gardens
• Oheka Castle in Huntington
Children enjoyed the chance to run after the several large model trains traveling the over 220 feet of tracks, ranging from near ground level to high overhead.
We enjoyed passing through the Rose Garden on our way to and from the Great Pine Railway:
Feature Photo at top of post: Old Westbury, NY, USA. June 23, 2021. A locomotive guides a large G gauge model train on elevated tracks around the perimeter of the Great Pine Railway exhibit at Old Westbury Gardens.
2021 Outdoor Model Trains at OWG: my PHOTO GALLERY
VIDEO – OWG Great Pine Railway 2021: vimeo.com/annparry/owg202106
Bob Stuhmer: BobStuhmer.com (In above video, Stuhmer arranged the train medley, played on his carousel organ.)
• click COMMENT to reply to this post